Thursday, January 22

Plus One.
It's apparently a pretty sensitive subject. Sex and the City covered it, and now I'm involved in my own "Plus One" situation.

I'm pretty sure everyone knows and understands that with Mia and the pretty big deal it is for me to travel, I don't come to Ohio for just ONE reason. It's Christmas with Dad's family and seeing friends. It's a family wedding and seeing friends. In July, it's a friend's wedding and seeing family. I'm taking 2 days from school (unexcused, because at a technical college there is no such thing as an excused absence, doctor's note or not), and either driving 1200 miles (round trip) with a toddler or I'm flying those same 1200 miles (slightly different course, I suppose) WITH a toddler for $314.

After Meghan's wedding and her R.S.V.P. ordeals, I thought I was doing my friend a favor by calling and seeing what her intentions were as far as my "Plus One," or in this case, my "Not Plus One." Is that a problem? she asks. No. No problem. Rus had expressed his desire to go to Ohio with me to meet my family if he's on land (as opposed to out to sea). So, if the me "Plus One" isn't going to work for the bride's arrangements, that's fine. I UNDERSTAND. I know how R.S.V.P.s work. I wouldn't just add a name on. I wouldn't just show up with a "Plus One" that wasn't invited. Instead, I would attend the wedding, and forgo the reception so I could enjoy a table for two with my "Plus One" somewhere else. Again, I thought I was doing the bride a favor by letting her know my plans.

Apparently that's not so. My "Plus One" is potentially making me a "Minus Two." Call me crazy, but I'm not really sure where the problem is. The most important part of the day, to me, is the part where the vows are made and the couple actually gets married with their friends and family there to witness it.

In any case, I will still be in Ohio July 30th - August 2nd...with or without my "Plus One."

USS Info
Name: Deirdre (Deir)
E-mail: deir@cox.net

USS Links


USS Archives

USS Credits
Tuxedo Template Shop
Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

 

Copyright © 2003
Layout by Beatriz Stein